Monday, March 14, 2011

March 15th - A New Day

so long ago
there was such damage done
the destruction leftover causes such discomfort
it left me wounded
beyond recognizable
and the daily reminders are too much these days
so tomorrow will come
and I'll enter that hospital and allow the wounds to be bound
and I'll forever be different, forever be changed
but the question is, can I leave the damage and destruction there...
on that table...
as I allow them to cut me and slice me...
can I imagine they are cutting the pain right out of my core?
can I leave it there?
I want to...
But I'm not sure that's enough.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from you friend...it's been a while. My prayers are with you that all will go well and be well with you. Stay strong and lean on that miraculous faith you possess.

    ReplyDelete