Friday, February 18, 2011

The Journey - discovering the new me, the real me...that was buried deep inside

Me - January 31st

Me...now - 138 pound down!!


Me before...I'm the one in the middle, pretty close to my heaviest = 323 pounds.

The Journey - it's never ending and we're always in the process of "becoming." Some people opt out of this journey...they are completely content in just staying who they are...forever. I don't get that, because it's so foreign to me. I love to read, grow, gain a new perspective, be stretched, challenged, gather more information and as a result = BECOME..become a better human, a better person, a better partner, parent, friend, sister, lover, etc...


I don't know how to live any other way. I think it began in my early teens - but it was a way of survival. I have a huge tattoo across my back that says SURVIVOR. I got this tattoo when I was the victim of a violent hate crime in the year 2000. What I've realized over the last year is that surviving really, is "just getting by." That is NOT who I am anymore.....I THRIVE now....and I am so grateful for the journey that has brought me thus far.

As many of you know, I've been on a journey since August 2009 to find balance and moderation in ALL areas of my life. The biggest one at the time was my health and weight. At that time, I weighed 323 pounds. Yes, I know...shocking to some...people really don't believe I weighed that much, but I am 5'9" and I carried it well. (See before pictures above)

So, today, a year and a half later, I weigh 185. AMAZING TO ME! That is an entire person that I have lost (138 pounds)....Missy weighs less than that!! LOL (she is only 5'3" remember)

So, as I reflected today I realized that I have actually crossed over...I have found the balance and the moderation I was seeking with regard to my health and my eating. I am very grateful.

This journey has been hard, challenging, stretching but ultimately...AMAZING! I am still in awe of the weight lost and sometimes, deep inside, I still feel like that 323 pound gal....but I'm working on that too....all part of the journey!

5 comments:

  1. You've lost 1/2 of yourself. You've lost an entire adult. That IS something to be proud of and celebrate.
    So happy for you ! Way to go !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You go Girl! I am so happy for you and proud of you in your quest to reconcile all areas of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. babe, i am so proud of you! you are doing great despite everything that's happened in the last year. you are so beautiful inside and out! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Missy, I think you need to take a bow to for standing beside Ally. For loving her and giving her the support she needs to get through some difficult times. Even priceless paintings begin with an inspiration and I have no doubt you are surely one of Ally's inspirations. I wish you both every bit of happiness and blessings you have coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. by the way Ally, comments submitted by me are either submitted under the name vicki or val945. I just figured out I could link my blog! This is all new to me so be patient with me.:)

    ReplyDelete