Friday, January 11, 2008

Invitation to Jeannie

Open up your heart
If you can manage one more time
Let my love be the instrument
to help you rewind
Try to look back on the times we shared
Just you and I
I still don't understand why
we had to say goodbye

But I know...

Love can penetrate all our misconceptions
If we let it in
Let the Healing Begin
Love can wash away the pain and deception
If we let it seep
deep, deep within
Love will Win

Open up your eyes
Can you see me, I'm right here
I know the future
Remains so unclear
Try to focus on your
family and your friends
Know that your legacy of Love
Will never end

Cuz' I know...

Love can penetrate all our wrong perceptions
If we let it in
Let the healing begin
Love can wash away the pain and rejection
If we let it seep
deep, deep within
We can let Love Win

And even in times of utter despair
If we open our hearts...Love will be there

Copyright: ALS /1-11-08


A friend of mine is dying of brain cancer.
She is on my mind and heart today.
I wrote this song for her.
I love her and know that she is hurting.
I pray she will invite love in and allow her heart to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment