Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Life has thrown me a punch!

Well...life has thrown some major curve balls and I just need to vent. Call it a pity-party if you need to, but I just need someone to hear how insane my days have been as of late. It all begun with the partner needing to have surgery. Ok, we can do this. I arranged to work from home (things are a bit slow right now with the pending lay off approaching) and we also put Grama on stand by. No big deal...I can step into full time mom mode when needed as the babies have a pretty set schedule. Even before the surgery we were extra careful not to expose ourselves to the nasty flu/cough/crap that is going around.
First, T's surgery was cancelled and had to be rescheduled. We were all prepared (mentally, physically and emotionally) and then her surgeon got called to jury duty. Can you believe that? Jury Friggin Duty! She could not get out of it and thus needed to reschedule surgery for 6 days later..Valentines Day. Oh joy!
Then, on Tuesday, C begins coughing. By Wednesday afternoon, we are in the waiting room at his pediatrician. Every child, baby and teenager in that waiting room had the croupy cough that C had...another joy!
The surgery took place on Thursday morning and much to my dismay took most of the day. I was at the hospital from 6am - 5:30pm. What fun that was. But thankfully the surgery went well. We came home to 2 sick kids with horrid coughs. Let's fastforward, as I am getting worn out just writing about it. So, by the weekend we have 2 kids with croup, on steriods, and little T also has a double ear infection. T is recovering but also highly medicated and acting quite strange, as she hardly takes anything stronger than a tylenol. She is also having a hard time being so out of control (regarding the care of the kids and the house and also hearing her poor babies cough and be so sick and she cannot get up and tend to them.) As a result, this out of control deal has made her a horrible patient. I mean HORRIBLE!
Ok, then Grama, who is staying with us to help...accidently turns on our old antique stove and forgets to light the flame (which you MUST do immediately)...I didn't realize it had been 5 mintues, smelled gas, and went to light the flame. The stove exploded in my face and I caught on fire. The fire reminded me of backdraft, the movie, as it came up my arms and over my head and then back off again. It was SCARY! Thank God my face was protected by my hair hanging down....but needless to say the smell of burning hair is the worst smell ever! It took me a few minutes to get over the shock and to realize that my right hand was blistering and burning and hurt REALLY, REALLY bad...I immediately put it in cold water...but turned out my right hand was burned pretty badly. Right now in fact, my skin has just peeled and I have these raw fingers with creme all over them wrapped up in a glove. At least it doesn't hurt like the huge boiled blisters did yesterday before they popped.
Ok, so now I am one handed and the primary care taker for 2 sick kids and 1 recovering partner. Not to mention that all the stress is getting to us and my mom and I have been fighting and T and my mom and we're all just sick of each other. My mother snores too....really loud....it's so annoying.
Ok...so here I am.
It's pathetic, isn't it?
I don't know what else could land on my plate this week...but let's just hope that somehow I muster the strength to carry the load.

No comments:

Post a Comment